Restart Your Cable Modem
Before contacting Charter for modem connectivity help, try performing the following steps to resolve your issue.
Restart your cable modem:
- Make sure your computer is turned completely off.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the cable modem or from the electrical power source/outlet. Make sure you are unplugging the modem power cord and not the round coaxial cable that has a threaded screw tip.
- Disconnect the power from the router. If you do not have a router, disregard this step and continue to step 4.
- After waiting approximately 30 seconds, reconnect the power to the cable modem.
- Wait another minute to allow the modem to acquire a signal or reconnect.
- Reconnect the power to the router. If you do not have a router, disregard this step and continue to step 7.
- Then restart your computer. The modem connection light will be solid. Attempt to surf to two web pages to verify good connectivity.